- Support automation team in daily activities and non-routines tasks.
- Provide support on a daily basis on building management systems, data historian and process control systems.
- Repair, install and troubleshoot automation infrastructure, instrumentation, valve, devices and equipment.
- Support validation activities related to automation systems and equipment.
- Coordinate and provide trainings on automation systems on routine basis.
- Maintain backups of automation codes and backup systems.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with cGMP practices utilized in bulk drug filling, gene therapy and vaccine/viral manufacturing environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in process control systems, data historian and building management systems, such as DeltaV, PI Historian and Siemens Apogee.
- Computer knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11.
- Understand automation protocols like: HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Traditional I/O, Profibus, Ethernet I/P, OPC and Modbus TCP/IP.
- Knowledge with programmable logic controllers, configuration, troubleshooting and operation.
- Support departmental documentation generation and maintenance.
- Capable to use, read and understand blue prints, drawings and complex operational documentation.
- Reliable, self-motivated individual with positive attitude; team-oriented with the ability to work with staff covering a variety of roles.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to meet tight timelines and shifting priorities, while maintaining flexibility to do what is needed to accomplish multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills and a strong attention to detail. Must be able to develop, draft and correct preventative maintenance procedures for technical equipment.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision in a schedule-driven, changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
- Desire to work in fast-paced, state of the art, alternately research and customized manufacturing facility.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, climbing and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Be exposed to noisy environments, ability to wear PPE.
- Travel time up to 10%.
- Support company manufacturing activities 24/7.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Associates Degree preferably in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or closely related field with three (3) years of relevant automation engineering experience.
- Experience with critical and non-critical utilities, biotechnology equipment and complex pharmaceutical systems are a plus.
- Biotechnology /pharmaceutical industry experience.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.