We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Upstream Process Development group is seeking an Associate Scientist with experience in microbial technologies. An Associate Scientist assists in conducting experiments for programs. The individual monitors on going experiments and can identify unusual occurrences. An Associate Scientist understands and applies knowledge within area of expertise and can take an active role in non-routine process development activities.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts routine laboratory experiments using established procedures and protocols.
- Maintains lab equipment, supplies and work area.
- Quality of work is complete and technically sound to ensure integrity of research.
- May support technical transfer into manufacturing.
- Familiar with relevant literature.
- Ensures safety procedures and culture norms are followed.
- Knowledge of microbial technologies and theory. Experience running fermentors is ideal.
- General knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, and/or engineering and associated techniques.
- Execution of lab experiments.
- Independent use and application of more complex instrumentation, computer systems, and computer software to support experiments.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to monitor on going pre-defined experiments for unusual occurrences.
- General knowledge with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, statistical packages and other associated software used in the scientific field.
- Works with moderate direct supervision.
The position typically requires a
- M.S. and minimal relevant experience,
- a B.S. and 1+ years of experience or
- an A.S. and 3+ years of experience in upstream microbial technologies.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.