We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Bioassay Development group is seeking an energetic Associate Scientist with protein chemistry experience to become an integral member of a high performing development team supporting process and formulation development groups. The successful candidate will primarily perform sample analysis using bioassay based techniques such as qPCR, ELISA or plate-based potency assays for the characterization and testing of recombinant protein pharmaceuticals.
The successful candidate requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- One year of applicable hands on experience in one or more of the following fields: qPCR for residual DNA quantitation, ELISA, cell-based, or plate-based potency
- Independent use and application of instrumentation and associated software for data acquisition and analysis
- Basic math and software skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google sheets)
- Good interpersonal skills, independent drive, willingness to contribute to the success of a team with shared goals, strong problem solving capabilities as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in a regulated GMP environment is desirable
- In addition, the successful candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with defined deliverables and deadlines
- BS and 1+ year experience or equivalent
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.