- Plan, develop, organize, direct, manage, and evaluate the personnel, operations, and budget of the supply chain department providing support to the SATURN Projects in TBF 100.
- Develop the master schedule through a coordinated effort with Quality, Manufacturing, Sales and Finance that fulfills both contracted requirements and FDBT revenue requirements.
- Maintain adequate levels of material in support of the manufacturing organization while adhering to corporate inventory objectives.
- Act as the primary contact for establishing a consolidated production plan that defines inventory projections and new production introductions.
- Develop policies and procedures that enhance the process while streamlining day-to-day operations.
- Develop analytics, systems, and data management capabilities, including metrics and reports.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Oversee site-wide management of the strategic sourcing, contracting, evaluation of services, maintaining appropriate inventory, and monitoring purchasing of materials to ensure competitive sourcing of direct and indirect materials (raw materials, equipment, and services).
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Lead strategic planning and supply chain projects, including implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning System (e.g., SAP).
- Negotiate contracts to ensure best cost structure with secure supply of direct and indirect material.
- Classify direct and indirect material and focus on areas where high potential cost reductions exist.
- Execute market surveys and identify the optimal supply base for direct and indirect material.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, and receiving.
- Design and implement supply chains that support business strategies adapting to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Maintain the supply chain processes at the highest level of cGMP compliance per FDA and customer expectations.
- Build, maintain and motivate the supply chain team in order to achieve productivity targets and output requirements to service clients with products on time.
- Assist the Manufacturing Director – TBF 100 and the Executive Leadership Team in establishing strategic directions for supply chain resources and activities, and setting objectives to maximize the value of the organization.
- Monitor and report progress of process to ensure FDBT meets the client and Company objectives.
- Report Supply Chain performance to the Manufacturing Director on a regular (i.e., monthly) basis through the use of various site metrics.
- Hire, train, develop, direct, mentor, and evaluate team members to accomplish established goals. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations in consultation with the Manufacturing Director and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned and required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership qualities and demonstrated success in management of change.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and organize resources.
- Demonstrated strategic skills to provide cost effective services.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships; strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of diverse backgrounds and an emphasis on communication: training, team building, negotiation skills, interdepartmental interactions, leadership and supervision (motivation, directing) and management (planning, budgeting, etc.)
- Ability to hire, train, and develop employees to grow within the organization.
- Experience in ERP implementation, preferably with SAP.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Attendance is required.
- The following positions will directly report to the Associate Director, Supply Chain – TBF 100: Materials Manager and SAP Analyst; additional supporting staff of up to 4 employees will also report into this position.
- Master’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 8 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations or an FDA regulated cGMP environment with at least 4 years’ experience in a managerial position; OR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations or an FDA regulated cGMP environment with at least 4 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- Must have demonstrated experience in implementing ERP systems and leading the implementation team.
- Experience in logistics/planning
- Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) Certification or Certification in Purchasing Management
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.